Estonia, is a sovereign state in Northern Europe. It is bordered to the north by the Gulf of Finland with Finland on the other side, to the west by the Baltic Sea, to the south by Latvia (343 km), and to the east by Lake Peipus and Russia (338.6 km). Across the Baltic Sea lies Sweden in the west and Finland in the north.
Estonia is one of the popular study destination due to the variety of programs available and the low cost of tuition and living expenses.
*Here are lists of Universities in Estonia With Degree Programmes in English:
1. Estonian Academy of Music and Theatre is the only public university in Estonia offering education in music and drama. The school is located in the centre of Tallinn.
Vocalists and instrumentalists, conductors, composers, musicologists, music teachers and sound engineers are also trained in Bachelor’s programmes. On the Master’s level, the list of curricula include the chamber ensemble, accompaniment class, contemporary improvisation and cultural management. Curricula of interpretation specialties focus on specialty, ensemble and orchestral performances or Opera Studio; music theory and history, as well as other humanities are also studied.
The Drama School of EAMT prepares future actors, directors and playwrights.
The major research areas at the EAMTe are Musicology, Theatre, Music Education, Interpretation Education and Cultural Management. Research topics are related to music and theatre in one way or another; research topics in the Cultural Management curriculum are also related to other fields of the art and culture scene as a whole.
Tuition Fee: Study programme “Music”, BA and MA levels for non-EU students** (for a new admission)=6000 €/year.
2. Tallinn University is a public research university in Estonia. Located in the centre of Tallinn, the capital city of Estonia.
Tallinn University is one of the three largest institutions of higher education in the country. The largest university of humanities in Tallinn and the third biggest public university in Estonia. It is acknowledged both locally and internationally for its role as a centre for science and education.W
Tuition Fee: (EUR per study year) Bachelor’s Programmes Ranges between 1500-4352
Master’s Programmes (EUR per study year) Ranges between 830-4500.
3. The Estonian Academy of Arts (EAA), established in 1914, is the only public university in Estonia offering higher education in fine arts, design, architecture, media, visual studies, art culture, cultural heritage and conservation.It is located in the capital city, Tallinn, it is an active study and research instit
ution and the leading national centre of innovation in visual culture.
EAA offers five Master’s programmes taught in English: Design & Crafts, Animation, Interaction Design, Interior Architecture, and Urban Studies. (Within Design & Crafts, students choose a specialisation: ceramics, glass art and design, jewellery and blacksmithing, textile design, leather art and design or fashion design.) In addition, there is a Master’s programme in Design & Engineering offered jointly with Tallinn University of Technology, as well as a Master’s programme in Literature, Visual Culture and Film Studies offered jointly with Tallinn University. All Master’s programmes are two years (120 ECTS).
Tuition Fee: Master’s Programmes (EUR per study year) Ranges between 1500-6000.
4. Tallinn University of Technology (TTÜ) is a public university in Estonia. It was Founded in 1918
TTÜ is the oldest and largest public university in the capital city, Tallinn and the most international university in Estonia (35% of all international degree students studying in Estonia, study at TTÜ). It also holds the 601-650 position on QS World University Rankings.
TTÜ is known as the flagship of Estonian engineering and technology education, were synergy between different fields – technology, natural, exact, social and health sciences. – is created and new ideas are born. With strong emphasis on internationalization.
There are over 30 fully accredited international degree programmes (4 Bachelor programmes, 17 Master programmes and 10 PhD programmes) that are available fully in English.
5. The University of Tartu (UT), is a classical university in the city of Tartu, Estonia. It is the national university of Estonia. The University of Tartu is the only classical university in the country and also the biggest and most prestigious university in Estonia.
The largest and most comprehensive university in Estonia and one of the most respectable centres of education and research in Central and Eastern Europe. Founded in 1632.
UT is famous for its research-based education. On average, the university awards over 100 PhD degrees and university researchers publish about 3,000 scientific articles annually. UT is in the top 1% of the world’s most cited universities and scientific institutions in the fields Clinical Medicine, Chemistry, Environment and Ecology, Plant and Animal Science, Geosciences, Social Sciences (general), Molecular Biology and Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, Neuroscience and Behaviour, Psychiatry and Psychology (ISI Web of Science 2017)
UT offers international degree, semester, and summer programmes with instruction in English, and each year attracts an increasing number of international students from around the world. Currently, there are 23 international study programmes available fully in English, including business administration, medicine and software engineering.
6. Estonian Business School is a private, higher-education institution situated in Tallinn, Estonia. EBS offers business-related higher education in bachelor-, master- and doctoral levels.
EBS is the oldest privately owned business university located in the heart of Tallinn, Estonia and since 2011 a campus in Helsinki, Finland. EBS teaches entrepreneurship and business administration in a practical manner.
Estonian Business School also has a high school part, named EBS Gümnaasium which offers high school education from 10th to 12th grade and a Management Training Centre (EBS Juhtimiskoolituse Keskus) that offers different trainings and development programs.
The tuition fee for non-EU Students
- tuition fee for first study year (2 semesters) is 4400 EUR, second study year (2 semesters) is calculated by credit points; one credit point is 80 €
- tuition fee can be paid only in one installment.