Maryland is a state in the Mid-Atlantic region of the United States, bordering Virginia, West Virginia, and Washington, D.C. to its south and west; Pennsylvania to its north; and Delaware to its east. The state’s largest city is Baltimore, and its capital is Annapolis.
If you’re planning to study in USA, Maryland to be precise, here are lists of universities currently sitting at the top.
Top 5 Universities in Maryland- USA
1. University of Maryland- The University of Maryland, College Park is a public research university located in the city of College Park in Prince George’s County, Maryland. It was Founded in 1856. The University of Maryland is the largest university in the state and the largest in the Washington metropolitan area. The University of Maryland has been labeled as one of the “Public Ivies,” a publicly funded university considered as providing a quality of education comparable to those of the Ivy League.
Estimated 2017-18 Annual Tuition, Room, Meals & Other Fees
Annual tuition and mandatory fees- Out-of-state: $33,606
2. Johns Hopkins University is an American private research university in Baltimore, Maryland. Founded in 1876, the university was named for its first benefactor, the American entrepreneur, abolitionist, and philanthropist. Johns Hopkins Johns Hopkins University is considered the first research university in the United States.
Johns Hopkins is organized into 10 divisions on campuses in Maryland and Washington, D.C. with international centers in Italy, China, and Singapore. The two undergraduate divisions, the Zanvyl Krieger School of Arts and Sciences and the Whiting School of Engineering, are located on the Homewood campus in Baltimore’s Charles Village neighborhood.
The medical school, the nursing school, and the Bloomberg School of Public Health are located on the Medical Institutions campus in East Baltimore
The university also consists of the Peabody Institute, the Applied Physics Laboratory, the Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, the School of Education, the Carey Business School, and various other facilities.
Tuition and fees: 2016/2017
3. University of Maryland, Baltimore County– (often referred to as UMBC) is an American public research university, located in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States, mostly in the community of Catonsville, approximately 10 minutes (8.3 miles) from downtown Baltimore City. With a fall 2017 enrollment of 13,662 students, 48 undergraduate majors, over 60 graduate programs (36 master, 24 doctoral, and 17 graduate certificate programs).
Tuition and Fee
Out-of-State Tuition: $23,770 USD
4. University of Maryland University College- The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an American public not-for-profit university located in Adelphi in Prince George’s County, Maryland in the United States. UMUC offers classes and programs on campus in its Academic Center in Largo, and at satellite campuses across the Baltimore-Washington Metropolitan Area, throughout Maryland, as well as in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Tuition and Fee
Out-of-state tuition and fees are $12,336 (2017-18).
5. Towson University- Towson University, often referred to as TU or simply Towson for short, is a public university located in Towson in Baltimore County, Maryland, United States.
It is a part of the University System of Maryland. Founded in 1866 as Maryland’s first training school for teachers, Towson University has evolved into a four-year degree-granting institution consisting of eight colleges with over 20,000 students enrolled. Towson is one of the largest public universities in Maryland and still produces the most teachers of any university in the state.
Tuition and Fees- Out-of-state: $22,140